I have now tried Google+ for half a day and here are some of my initial thoughts
I think Google+ might actually bring something to the table since
- it is heavily integrated with android, google maps, places etc.
- it is about gathering your friends in groups from the very start (who has the time to group people in Facebook)
However there are some really important drawbacks
- they need to let more people in faster since this is the bottleneck for any social network
- they need to let me use my google apps account so that I can access the site easier
- they need to add more updates and keep the network alive to be really powerful.
IF they succeed the implication for Google may be huge since
- you need to create a google profile which creates the possibility for Google to know even more about a lot of more people.
- the social network ad market is a market that google are not tapping into very much at the moment
- the integration between the services creates synergies for both the user as well as for Google
What do YOU think?- Ola Rynge
Ola Rynge is the CEO of The Rynge Group that focuses on market oriented small business and idea development. Please follow him on twitter for updates about how you can use Social Media and CRM² for your business.